[fxruby-users] Tracking mouse outside my window.

Bob Whiteside bob.whiteside at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 20:36:26 EDT 2008

Hi Lyle,

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Lyle Johnson <lyle at lylejohnson.name> wrote:
> Yes, and there's already a widget that does most or all of what you want:
> the FXPicker widget. The FXPicker is like a button, but when you click it,
> it goes into "pick" mode and the cursor changes shape to crosshairs. Then
> you can move the cursor around the screen, and the picker will send a
> SEL_CHANGED message as it moves, telling you its new location on screen. You
> exit "pick" mode when you click on the button again.
> Unfortunately, it looks like there's a bug with FXPicker in the current
> release of FXRuby, so I'll try to get out a bug fix release soon to take
> care of that.
> Hope this helps,
> Lyle

Thanks so much for the response, Lyle.  Yes, that's exactly the widget
I was seeking.  I've been trying to learn my way around through the
widget set, but I'd not noticed that one.  It's not an emergency for
me, and I'm pleased to await the update release.

BTW, your book is *really* nicely done.  I'm incredibly pleased with
my purchase of it.  Thanks for the incredibly nice work you're letting
me take advantage of.