[fxruby-users] FX ruby program error EOF

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Mon Jun 16 12:20:06 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Ernst J. Tanaka <ernst at tanakasite.com> wrote:

> Since a week or so I am getting this error in a program which has been
> running fine for 6 months or so.
> I have a hard time running debug on this error and finding the cause. As it
> seems that the error is in the middle of fxruby and not in my application...

<snip>

> C:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:133:in `sysread': end of file reached
> (EOFError)
>   from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:133:in `rbuf_fill'
>   from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:56:in `timeout'
>   from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:76:in `timeout'
>   from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:132:in `rbuf_fill'

<snip>

Ernst,

Sorry for the delayed response; I just discovered that Gmail has been
queuing up a bunch of my e-mail messages since June 5 (still not sure
why).

I don't know anything about your application, but it's pretty clear
from the stack trace that the error's occurring way down in Ruby's I/O
libraries, which FXRuby has nothing to do with. You say your
application has been running fine for the past six months; have you
recently upgraded the version of Ruby that you're using (say, a newer
version of the one-click installer for Ruby)? Or is it possible that
something has changed in the remote service that your application is
accessing over the network?

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, other than to say that based on the
stack trace you've shown, I don't see any evidence that FXRuby is at
fault.

Hope this helps,

Lyle