[fxruby-users] Getting items to fill a column

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Tue Jun 3 10:41:00 EDT 2008

On May 31, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Jonathan Stott wrote:

> I'd like to get the images display at the centre of a column and have
> a uniform width for all columns.  The centering I have fixed, but no
> combinations of setting width and height options and LAYOUT_FILLs
> seems to work to get columns to display at the same width, no matter
> the width of the image within.

Jonathan,

You're still using the matrix-style layout, right? Are you specifying
LAYOUT_FILL_COLUMN (in addition to LAYOUT_FILL_X) for the widgets in
the matrix? Take a look at the information about this in section 12.2
of the book and see if that addresses your problem. If it doesn't, let
me know and I'll take a closer look.

Hope this helps,

Lyle

---
"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available from the Pragmatic Bookshelf!
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby