[fxruby-users] problem with fox instalation

angico angico at angico.org
Thu Jul 31 05:52:25 EDT 2008

Em Qui, 2008-07-31 às 06:27 -0300, angico escreveu:
> Em Qui, 2008-07-31 às 09:06 +0100, Len Lawrence escreveu:
> > I had a similar problem some time back.  Lyle explained that it was
> > caused by a bug in an early version of gems.  Once the fox16 object file
> > had been built it was immediately deleted as part of the cleanup
> > process.  The problem went away when I installed a later version of
> > rubygems, > 1.0 I think.  Your problem may be unrelated though.  I also
> > had to endure that the version numbers of the FOX library and fxruby
> > matched, i.e. FOX16 and fxruby1.6.
> >
> > Len
> >
> Hi, Len.
> Thank you for the hint, but I think that's not the way to go, since I'm
> using just the same versions of the packages both in my desktop system
> and in my notebook:
> $ gem --version
> 0.9.4

I guess I found the problem. It was a matter of conflicting versions of
installed gems. As I initially stated I had
fxruby-1.6.16-universal-darwin-9 and fxruby-1.6.15-universal-darwin-9
installed on the laptop. So I just removed both, and ran sudo gem
install fxruby again, this time selecting 'fxruby 1.6.16 (ruby)' from
the installation options, and now it works just fine.

home page: www.angico.org
Gnu/Linux, FLOSS, Espiritismo, e eu por mim mesmo 8^I
email: angico at angico.org
skype: angico00