[fxruby-users] problem with fox instalation

angico angico at angico.org
Wed Jul 30 20:32:17 EDT 2008

Hi, all!

I've succesfully installed FXRuby on my desktop, just following the
instructions in Lyle's "FXRuby - create lean and mean GUIs with Ruby",
and it's really wonderful.

Now that I've bought a notebook (nearly the same config as my desktop:
both are Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo running Ubuntu 8.04), I'm trying to
get FXRuby installed on it, too, but I just can't achieve this and can't
realize why.

Here are some excerpts of the installation process:

Instalando libfox-1.6-0 (1.6.25-1) ...

Instalando libfox-1.6-dev (1.6.25-1) ...

Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
angico at pirilampo:~/testes/ruby/operabd$ ruby operabd.rb
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- fox16 (LoadError)
	from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in `require'
	from operabd.rb:8
angico at pirilampo:~/testes/ruby/operabd$ sudo gem list --local

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

fxruby (1.6.16, 1.6.15)
    FXRuby is the Ruby binding to the FOX GUI toolkit.

mysql (2.7.3)
    A win32-native build of the MySQL API module for Ruby.

ri18n (0.0.3)
    Ruby application internationalization and localization library

sources (0.0.1)
    This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

Can anybody point me out what's going wrong? How can I put it to work?

Many thanks,

home page: www.angico.org
Gnu/Linux, FLOSS, Espiritismo, e eu por mim mesmo 8^I
email: angico at angico.org
skype: angico00