[fxruby-users] Autorefresh of FXGLViewer

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Mon Jul 14 18:05:21 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM, tomg313 <tgolden at ball.com> wrote:

> I'm using an FXGLViewer and I want to manually control when it updates.
> Right now, it updates a number of times a second - which uses a lot of my
> CPU processor time just to redraw the same image over and over.  Does anyone
> know how to stop this from occurring?

The FXGLViewer shouldn't be automatically updating itself like you're
describing. Do you see the same behavior with the glviewer.rb example
program that comes with FXRuby? If not, are you maybe doing something
in your application code (perhaps with a chore or timer) that might be
causing it to repeatedly update?