[fxruby-users] fxtable and sort

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Mon Jan 28 11:54:21 EST 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008, Ernst J. Tanaka wrote:
> Hi: Make good progress in understanding Fxruby.
> I am using FXTable in my application.
> I don't see a standard function to sort colums based on double clicking
> on the header.
> I was looking for something in the line of
> |TABLE_SORTABLE|  as a creation option
> and non application level sort of column value base on user click on header.
> Am I correct to understand this is not a function of FXTable within ruby?

Yes, that is correct.  A click on a row [column] header just selects the
row [column].

However, the good news is that it should be quite easy to intercept the messages
from these header controls.  FXTable api's getColumnHeader() and getRowHeader()
return the header controls for the columns and rows, respectively.

After this, its a simple matter of reassigning the message and target emitted by
these controls to a piece of code which does the sorting.

Hope this helps,

			- Jeroen