[fxruby-users] FXSplashWindow

Thomas, Jason M (Software) jmthomas at ball.com
Mon Jan 21 17:33:48 EST 2008

I saw Jeroen's suggestion on how to use FXSplashWindow on the
foxgui-users list and thought I'd try it.

My attempt was as follows:
  require 'fox16'
  include Fox
  app = FXApp.new("App")
  icon = nil
  File.open('icon.gif', 'rb') { |f|
    icon = FXGIFIcon.new(app, f.read)
  }
  splash = FXSplashWindow.new(app,icon)
  splash.create
  splash.show(PLACEMENT_OWNER)
  app.runModalWhileShown(splash)

I get a Segmentation fault at the splash.create line. Does
FXSplashWindow work in fxRuby 1.3.13?

Thanks,
Jason Thomas