[fxruby-users] Combobox

Tobi tobi at gronom.de
Sun Jan 13 06:02:04 EST 2008

I've got a little problem  with the comboboxes. I want to provide a
search where the user enters a word into the combobox and the program
runs a mysqlsearch and returns the result in the comboboxlist. While
the user enters a searchword or moves up or down within the list, it
is necessary that the list opens itself without a manual click on the
button. That's exactly my problem.
I was able to implement the search, but I don't know how I can make
the list popup. There is a method paneShown?, but no showPane. Then I
found the method popup (from FXPopup), but I don't know how I can use

An example for a search I want to build is the url bar in a browser.

Tobias Schmidt