[fxruby-users] [Foxgui-users] SEL_MAXIMIZE, SEL_MINIMIZE, and SEL_RESTORE not working for FXMainWindow

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Thu Jan 10 14:45:53 EST 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008 01:27:48 pm Melton, Ryan wrote:
> Thanks Jeroen,
>
> Using the SEL_CONFIGURE I can detect maximizes and minimizes.  What I
> wanted to do was to not let a user maximize the window sometimes.  Can I
> do this with SEL_CONFIGURE?

Typically, this is done by adjusting the decorations.  Once you've decided
to show the [lets say] maximize button, it'll get handled.  There's no way
to block it since the event is dealt with in the non-client handler of the
window.  FOX itself never sees it.

On X11, its the same way since the decorations and maximization is done by
the window-manager.  All we get is a notify when its done.

So, long story short: just change DECOR_XXX options; you may need to play
around a bit with the options since some of them are coupled.

Hope this helps,

			- Jeroen