[fxruby-users] [ANN] FXRuby Book Now Available as Beta Book

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Tue Jan 8 16:37:59 EST 2008

All,

I’m pleased to report that the FXRuby book has just been released as
a Beta book:

	http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby

That means that although the book is still under development, you can
get early access to the content right now and provide feedback to
help make the final book even better when it’s released later this
year. We’re getting very close to a completed first draft and I can
assure you that it’s well worth it to go ahead and get the book now
if you’re anxious to get started with FXRuby programming.

As I’ve noted before, this is the first book ever dedicated to the
subject of FOX and FXRuby application development. It’s intended for
software developers who are already comfortable with Ruby programming
and who want to learn how to develop GUI applications with Ruby. No
prior experience with GUI development is needed, but it’s intended to
be useful both to newcomers as well as those who have worked with
other GUI toolkits in the past.

The purpose of this book is to give you a head start on developing
GUI applications with Ruby and FXRuby through a combination of
tutorial exercises and focused technical information. It isn’t a
comprehensive book on FXRuby programming, and it’s not a reference
manual. What this book will do is get you over the initial conceptual
hurdles and equip you with the practical information that you need to
build your own applications. Surf on over to the Pragmatic Bookshelf
site and order your copy today!

Thanks,

Lyle