[fxruby-users] Looking for reviewers...

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Fri Jan 4 11:08:53 EST 2008

Some of you may know that I'm writing a book about FXRuby for the
Pragmatic Bookshelf:

I'm almost finished with the first draft, and I'm looking for some
volunteers to review the book. Specifically, I'm looking for people
to go over the book with a fine toothed comb, looking for
inconsistencies, things that are confusing or misleading, and
outright errors. When there are example programs, I'd like for you to
try to run the programs and make sure they work the way the book
claims that they work. That sort of thing. Depending on how fast you
can read and absorb the material, and then provide feedback based on
what you've seen, a thorough review might take a few hours or a few

In a nutshell, the book is aimed at folks who *do* know Ruby but who
don't necessarily know anything about FOX/FXRuby or GUI programming
in general. That's the target audience for the book. It's not a
comprehensive book about all things FOX and FXRuby, and a lot of the
more advanced topics are intentionally left out. The idea is that
after reading this book, you'll have enough of a foundation to tackle
some of those more advanced topics on your own.

If you're interested in being a reviewer, and (more importantly) if
you believe that you have the time to do this, please contact me (off-
list) as soon as possible. We're looking to release it as a beta book
as soon as next week, and we'd be getting the completed first draft
out to reviewers shortly after that.

Thanks in advance,