[fxruby-users] Drawing rotated text.

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Tue Feb 19 09:51:14 EST 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Ranieri Teixeira wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using a FXPNGImage to draw chart elements (axis, data, labels, lines).
> But, to draw axis title, that need to be vertical at left and right, how can
> I rotate the text?

These are the steps:

	1) make a new font (name, size, etc).
	2) Set the angle at which you want to draw the text; this is specified
	   in degrees * 64, i.e. 90 degrees is 5760.
	3) Realize or create() the font.
	4) Draw your text.

> I think the solution is to create a image item for each string I want to
> draw, and render these images at the outer device context. But it doesn't
> work.
> Some helps to do this?

	FXChart draws axes etc. also.  Even though its done in C++, I think
	it may be useful to look at.  Eventually FXChart (and subclasses)
	will become a suite of various types of plotting controls.

Hope this helps,

			- Jeroen