[fxruby-users] [OT] rubytk

Len Lawrence lcl at tarazed.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 14:45:36 EST 2008

Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Len Lawrence wrote:
>> I moved to 1.8.7 because I also use rubytk which appeared to be
>> broken in 1.8.6 (caused core dumps all the time).  Because I rely on
>> rubytk so heavily moving back to 1.8.6 is not a viable option.
>
> Did you make sure that your ruby and tk builds both enable (or
> disable) pthreads? A mismatch can cause problems (but you should also
> get warnings in configure, IIRC).

I had wondered about that but was unable to determine if a mismatch was
the cause or not.  Cannot remember if the final 1.8.7 system depended on
RPMs or tarballs.  Mandriva 2009 Spring will soon be out with the latest
edition of tcl/tk.  That may bring its own problems so I shall shelve
any recompilations/investigations until then.

Happy New Year

Len