[fxruby-users] fxruby-1.6.17 failure to compile

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Mon Dec 29 17:14:18 EST 2008

On Dec 29, 2008, at 2:56 PM, Len Lawrence wrote:

> Done.  Partially successful as you can see.  Thanks for taking the
> trouble.
>
> #gem install -l ./fxruby-1.6.18.gem
> Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> Successfully installed fxruby-1.6.18
> 1 gem installed
> Installing ri documentation for fxruby-1.6.18...
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (TypeError)
>   can't convert Regexp into String

Hmmm. I don't know what to make of that (other than it's coming from
RubyGems during the installation process). Needless to say, it's not
happening here when I try to install.

> I tried an fxruby program but I see that the system is littered with
> older versions of fxruby
> so I hope that it is picking up the latest library; it runs anyway.

It's probably getting the right version, but you can confirm by
putting a print statement (or whatever) in your FXRuby program that
prints the result of calling "Fox.fxrubyversion". This should return
the string "1.6.18".

Hope this helps,

Lyle