[fxruby-users] fxruby-1.6.17 failure to compile

Len Lawrence lcl at tarazed.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 15:56:40 EST 2008

Lyle Johnson wrote:
> Len,
>
> Could you download this updated gem (sort of a pre-release version)
> and see if it compiles OK on your 64-bit system? I don't have any way
> to test here, so it may take another round or so to get it right.
>
>     http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/60906/fxruby-1.6.18.gem
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lyle

Done.  Partially successful as you can see.  Thanks for taking the trouble.

#gem install -l ./fxruby-1.6.18.gem
Successfully installed fxruby-1.6.18
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for fxruby-1.6.18...
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (TypeError)
    can't convert Regexp into String

#locate fox16.so | grep "1.6.18"

/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.18/ext/fox16/fox16.so

I tried an fxruby program but I see that the system is littered with
older versions of fxruby
so I hope that it is picking up the latest library; it runs anyway.

All the best for 2009

Len