[fxruby-users] (no subject)

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Mon Dec 22 09:01:14 EST 2008

On Dec 22, 2008, at 4:39 AM, Stuart Clarke wrote:

> I would like to ask a few questions about the 'charts' example which
> is included with the newest release of FX. I like the idea of
> producing a chart like this however this one appears to need an
> internet connection to work (i assume to gather formating?).

Right. It uses the Google Chart API, which depends on being able to
access the network-based Google Chart service.

> I have a large array full of data and I would like to plot a graph
> based on two of the fields in the array e.g. date againist vs event.
> Is there a way I can do this similar to the example given in
> charts.rb. I would like it to work offline and simply draw a line or
> bar graph based on two sets on data (date along the botton and event
> frequency up the side). Can this be done?

I hope some others on the list will chime in on this one. There's no
built-in charting library for FXRuby, but if there are any existing
Ruby libraries that can be used to produce chart graphics, we can
probably find a way to feed their output into an FXRuby image.

Hope this helps,

Lyle