[fxruby-users] Directory listing query

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Thu Dec 18 10:50:05 EST 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 3:51 PM, Stuart Clarke wrote:

> Firstly when a user selects a file (word list file) I would like the
> full path and file name to be displayed in a text box (I would like
> the same for the directory selection also). How would I go about this?

I don't see in your program (or at least the part that you included in
your e-mail) where you've attempted to do this, so it's hard to guess
what's wrong. But since the FXFileDialog#filename returns the selected
file's name, it seems like you'd want to assign that to the
appropriate text field, e.g.

	@inputfield.text = dialog.filename