[fxruby-users] Custom SplashScreen. Seg fault when wrapped in a class

Andreas S andreas_s at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:48:40 EST 2008

Hi Lyle,
Thanks for looking at this. I forgot to mention that I was using ruby 1.8.7-p72 (also tried 1.8.7-p22). Since you didn't have the problem, I re-installed 1.8.6+p114 and tried again. Everything went smoothly. I can only conclude the problem is with ruby 1.8.7. Did you try it with 1.8.6?
I'm jumping ahead here, but suppose that is the case, then herewith I'm reporting fxruby seg-faulting with ruby 1.8.7.
I'm not sure how important this case is for you to spend time on it. For now I can go back and use 1.8.6 to avoid this problem.
Thanks again, Lyle
Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that.