[fxruby-users] FXRuby FXScintilla question

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Fri Aug 22 12:16:40 EDT 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 6:52 AM, Rovshan Baghirov wrote:

> I have started learning FXRuby about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm trying to
> launch the scintilla_test.rb from the fxruby-1.6 installation
> directory
> (/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.16/examples) and get this
> error: /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.16/lib/fox16/kwargs.rb:
> 2007:in `old_initialize': wrong number of arguments (8 for 0)
> (ArgumentError)
>
> from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.16/lib/fox16/kwargs.rb:
> 2007:in `initialize'
> 	from -:32:in `new'
> 	from -:32:in `initialize'
> 	from -:75:in `new'
> 	from -:75
>
> Exited: 256
>
> I'm on Ubuntu 8.04 and I installed libfxscintilla17 and
> libfxscintilla-dev from Synaptic.

I can't reproduce the error here, but based on your description it
sounds as though your FXRuby wasn't compiled with support for
FXScintilla. If the FXScintilla packages weren't actually installed
when you installed the FXRuby gem, it wouldn't have built-in the
additional support for FXScintilla. I would suggest uninstalling, and
then re-installing, the FXRuby gem, to see if that fixes it.

Hope this helps,

Lyle

---
"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available from the Pragmatic Bookshelf!
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby