[fxruby-users] is there a memory limitation on fxruby-mswin32 ?

Erdwin Lianata erdwin.lianata at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Aug 12 05:11:48 EDT 2008

Lyle Johnson wrote:
> I'm having trouble imagining why you'd want 930 checkboxes on the screen
> at the same time; that seems like an awful lot of information to present
> to the user at once. If there's some way to restructure the user
> interface so that you can create some of those checkboxes on demand, and
> show them only when they're actually needed.

Thanks Lyle, it solves my problem at this moment (though only 18,000
maximum number of handles is supported by the hotfix). Since I'm not a
Windows user, I thought that problem was a portability issue of fxruby.

Anyway, I'm actually creating an statistical application that needs a
set of checkboxes to give user a table-like input (only on/off switch)
to filter out each computation result. That's why I need to create a lot
of checkboxes at the same time, it's not possible to show only partial
of them.

I have one more question, is there a way to remove "handle" for a
widget? Widgets such as label, vertical/horizontal frame, and
only-display widgets no need to receive a user response (in my app). So
I can reduce the number of handle.