[fxruby-users] "object allocation during garbage collectionphase" on Ruby 1.8.7

Melton, Ryan rmelton at ball.com
Fri Aug 8 14:40:43 EDT 2008

I had to downgrade to all the way Ruby 1.8.6-p114 which now works
without a problem.      According to the change logs, this change made
it into the 1.8.6 ruby branch at patch level 175.

According to a similar bug posted to wxruby, the problem is in SWIG's
generated code for object tracking which is incompatible with newer
versions of ruby.  They worked around it by replacing SWIG's code with
their own tracking solution.  You might want to check that out... here
is the link to their bug report.

And here is a link to the bug report posted to SWIG: