[fxruby-users] Copy-paste between FXTable and FXTextfield

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Fri Apr 18 12:38:15 EDT 2008

On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:09 AM, Philippe Lang wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. Can you imagine a workaround for the actual
> version of Fox and FXRuby?

Without completely overriding the built-in cut/copy/paste support in
FXTable, it would be impossible to work around these problems with the
current releases of FOX and FXRuby.

I might be able to make a change in FXRuby that would at least make
this possible (but still difficult). One of the basic problems is that
the variable that FOX uses to store the clipped (i.e. copied or cut)
data for the table in stored in a protected member variable (named
"clipped") that is not exposed via any of FXTable's public interfaces.
So you can get to it at the moment. I should be able to expose that
variable in FXRuby's wrapper for FXTable, but you'd still have to
reimplement/override parts of FXTable's cut & paste mechanisms, just
to patch around the existing bugs that you've discovered.

So, short answer is that it would be best for Jeroen to fix this
directly in FOX. He might be more amenable to doing so if someone
provided a patch.