[fxruby-users] does anyone know how to get fxtext clear correctly between styled writes?

datatec datatec at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:04:52 EDT 2008

Windows XP, ruby 1.8.6, fxruby 1.6.6

I have text in a FXText window, placed there by code triggered by a
The text is coloured using three different FXHiliteStyle's

I setup the styles
then set the text.styled=true
Then I scan the text and style it based on searches when user clicks on a
(code similar to the styledtext.rb demo)

In my project
style 1 sets all text to grey (background to white)
style 2 sets target text to grey and underlined (background to white)
style 3 sets target text to red and underlined (background to white)

First time button is hit works as expected, however

A. If hit button several times, occasionally text styles are all messed up*
B  If I set different text using the dropdown then click button text style
is frequently messed up*
*(selections is still the same but with styles I have not defined
-strikethroughts, darkbackgrounds etc)

I have tried turning off the style between button presses, and used the
.repaint method, but am just gussing since I really don't know the reasion
this is happening.

If anyone could help me out, I really would appreciate it.
Sent from the FXRuby Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.