[fxruby-users] Copy-paste between FXTable and FXTextfield

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Mon Apr 14 23:05:38 EDT 2008

On Apr 14, 2008, at 3:05 AM, Philippe Lang wrote:

> I've noticed something strange when copying-pasting things between
> FXTable cells, and FXTextfields.

> 1) When copying the content of an FXTextfield, and pasting it into an
> FXTable cell, everything works fine.

OK.

> 2) When selecting an FXTable cell, issuing a "copy" with the keyboard,
> and pasting into the text field, the result is more or less correct,
> except that two unknown characters are added at the end of the
> textfield. The same problem happens when pasting into notepad.

OK, that can probably be fixed in a patchlevel release of FOX 1.6, if
Jeroen thinks it's worth it.

> 3) When selecting an FXTable cell CONTENT (not the cell itself),
> issuing
> a "copy" with the keyboard, and pasting into the text field, nothing
> happens. The same problem happens when pasting into notepad.

That one's a little trickier and probably can't be fixed in FOX 1.6
(although it would be nice to see it fixed in 1.8). The problem is
that the table's concept of "selection" is a range of cells (i.e. at
least one complete table cell). If you're just selecting some text
within a cell, but selecting the cell itself, FOX doesn't think you
have anything selected.

> I think there is a good chance the "copy" command has got a bug with
> the
> object FXTable. Is that correct?

Yes, at least for point #2. It would be nice for the scenario
described in your point #3 to work as well, though.