[fxruby-users] FXImageFrame/SEL_LEFTBUTTONRELEASE

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Wed Apr 2 12:43:48 EDT 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Mathijs C wrote:

> I have a FXImageFrame widget and I would like it to show another
> image when
> I click on it.
> I'm having no luck with receiving a onclick via SEL_LEFTBUTTONRELEASE.
> imageframe=FXImageFrame.new(mainwindow,the_image,LAYOUT_EXPLICIT,
> 0,0,20,20)
>  imageframe.connect(SEL_LEFTBUTTONRELEASE) {p 'onclick received'}
> What is it that I'm missing?

Sorry for the delayed response; I didn't notice your message when it
first came across the list. All that's missing is that you need to
call enable() on the imageframe before it will start sending out

By default, some widgets (like FXLabel, or FXImageFrame) don't forward
their messages to their targets.

Hope this helps,

"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available as a Beta book from the Pragmatic Bookshelf