[fxruby-users] table.extractText problem

Lyle Johnson lyle.johnson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:55:49 EDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Björn Bergqvist wrote:

> I did the modification and then I get:
> *** glibc detected *** ruby: double free or corruption (!prev):
> 0x08260bb0 ***
> Will file a bug report as soon as I find some time.
> any value higher than: result = @table.extractText(0, 11, 0, 6)
> will result in a crash like:
> *** glibc detected *** ruby: malloc(): memory corruption:
> 0x08169000 ***
> on my system. Maybe a gcc problem?

Very strange indeed. There are a few differences in our environments:
I'm running Mac OS X, with Ruby 1.8.6 patchlevel 0 (not p36). And my
FXRuby is built against FOX 1.6.28, not FOX 1.6.25. I will try to
check this out under Linux and see if I can reproduce it; if I can't,
I'm not sure what I can do about it.