[fxruby-users] FXRuby default error handler

Philippe Lang philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch
Mon Oct 8 02:12:51 EDT 2007

I'm using FXRuby for building a database front-end. I have quite a lot
of classes now, made up of multiple methods each. Most of the time I use
rescue blocks in case an exception is raised by the framemork. But doing
that in every method of every class is really tedious.

If an exception is raised from a method without a rescue block, the
problem is that my application quits, since the application "run" method

    $app = MyApp.new
  rescue Exception => e

    DbError.show("", e)

I was wondering if we could define some sort of "default error handler"
for errors raised from the framework, in order to avoid both the
application crash, and the "one rescue per method" solution...

Philippe Lang