[fxruby-users] win32ole event handling

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Wed Nov 21 14:57:19 EST 2007

On 11/21/07, Barry Walker <barryjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm evaluating FXRuby for my application.  So far everything is going pretty
> well.  The news on the book is good, but I wish it were available today!

It's possible that we'll release it as a Beta Book sometime before
April, but yeah, it's still not quite ready for public consumption. ;)

> First off, I'm not much of a Windows programmer (that's what makes FXRuby so
> valuable to me).  I'm using win32ole to interface to a custom ocx.  Calling
> methods of the ocx works fine.  Now I need to receive event info from the
> ocx and update my application window.
> I'm lost on how to get this started.  Are there any examples that might pave
> the way?  Pick axe has win32ole event receiving paragraph, but it sure
> doesn't look compatible with app.run.

The short answer is, I don't know -- but I'll look into it ASAP. I'm
about to head out of town for the holidays, and I'll have limited
internet access (eek!), but I wanted to acknowledge that I'd seen the
question. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone else will answer in the