[fxruby-users] win32ole event handling

Barry Walker barryjr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 14:29:47 EST 2007

I'm evaluating FXRuby for my application.  So far everything is going pretty
well.  The news on the book is good, but I wish it were available today!

First off, I'm not much of a Windows programmer (that's what makes FXRuby so
valuable to me).  I'm using win32ole to interface to a custom ocx.  Calling
methods of the ocx works fine.  Now I need to receive event info from the
ocx and update my application window.

I'm lost on how to get this started.  Are there any examples that might pave
the way?  Pick axe has win32ole event receiving paragraph, but it sure
doesn't look compatible with app.run.