[fxruby-users] How can I make a window stay open for a set amount of time?

Joel VanderWerf vjoel at path.berkeley.edu
Thu May 31 18:03:30 EDT 2007

Paul Carvalho wrote:
> Thank you!!  It works perfectly.  I never would have figured that out.
>
> Cheers!  Paul. =)
>
> On 31/05/07, *Joel VanderWerf* wrote:
>
>     I tested this in 1.6, but I think it's probably the same in 1.4:
>
>                application.addTimeout( delay ) { application.exit }

It's a general ruby principle. If you are asking a library to execute
some of your own code at a later time or after some event (i.e., a
"callback"), it probably wants that code in the form of a block.
Assuming the library is rubified...

It never ceases to amaze me that a complex c++ library like Fox has been
wrapped in a way that makes its ruby API look so natural.