[fxruby-users] more DND related questions

Lyle Johnson lyle.johnson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:22:31 EDT 2007

On 3/21/07, Raj Sahae <rajsahae at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just thinking, all my dropsites are also buttons with SEL_COMMAND
> connections.  Would that interfere in the dropping somehow?  Did you
> recieve my previous email with the code attachment?

I don't have to debug your program for you, but a button is admittedly
an odd choice to associate with drag and drop. At least, I don't
recall ever seeing anyone make that association (even in non-FOX
applications). But yes, if you're messing around with the default
when doing drag and drop) that's almost certainly going to break the
SEL_COMMAND handling -- because SEL_COMMAND depends on seeing a button
press and release.

I'd recommend associating the D&D with some kind of widget that isn't
something you typically click on, like maybe a label, or an
FXImageFrame -- something like that.