[fxruby-users] I'm working on my graphics window for the ruby quiz

Meinrad Recheis meinrad.recheis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 20:29:09 EDT 2007

hi there,
my experience with the  @!$§%&-FXDCWindow and many other Widgets in
FXRuby is, that they easily segfault if you pass nil as a param to a
method that does expect some pointer to a widget. for instance in your
code make sure that @canvas is not nil and that any other
parameters.... you pass to the widgets are not nil and are of the
expected type as stated by the API reference docs!

PS: with fxdcwindow you can easily get segfaults when using the method
to draw text without defining a standard font. also using a font that
has not been created will segfault.
now you know the reason for me heavily cursing on FXDCWindow ;)

-- henon