[fxruby-users] MDIClient with ScrollArea

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Mon Jun 4 23:15:11 EDT 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 13:10, Aaron Caza wrote:
> Gentlemen,
> I'm trying to determine if it is possible to make an MDI interface in FXRuby
> which is capable of supporting large work areas whether they're virtual (eg.
> panning on one monitor) or multi-monitor capable.  I've tried modifying the
> mditest example code to use an FXScrollArea
> (FXMainWindow->FXScrollArea->FXMDIClient) but I couldn't get it to work.

I see no reason why you'd want to scroll FXMDIClient, but if you do, it should
be inside FXScrollWindow, not FXScrollArea.

I have used dual-head configured machines with FXMainWindow stretched over
both screens.  That works fine.  Your FXMDIChild can thus span two screens.

> So, what I'm wondering if a) this is actually possible with FXRuby and b)
> how I should go about doing this.

FXScrollArea is really meant as base-class for scrolled widgets.  For scrolling
GUI, use FXScrollWindow.  It expects a single child, and that child will be

				- Jeroen

| Copyright (C) 22:10 06/ 4/2007 Jeroen van der Zijp.   All Rights Reserved. |