[fxruby-users] SEL_REPLACED event in FXTable

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Fri Jul 6 08:57:35 EDT 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 00:50, Philippe Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed the SEL_REPLACED event, in an FXTable, is fired even is
> the cell value is replaced with the same value. I'd like to avoid that,
> and I wonder if there is anything in the Fox library I can use to
> compare the new cell value to the old one, without having to code some
> kind of "cell memory" externally.

That is correct.  It allows the handler for that event to squirrel away
the old data for the purposes of e.g. an Undo system.

I have in mind to change this a bit, however.  In the next release of
FOX, we'll likely send TWO messages.  One on behalf of the undo system,
before the data changes, and one after.

The current workaround would be to grab the new value after the message
returns; perhaps by setting a chore to generate a second message after
the SEL_REPLACED returns.

Hope this explains,

			- Jeroen