[fxruby-users] Closing a modal FXDialogBox correctly?

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Wed Jan 31 12:49:53 EST 2007

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 11:11, Philippe Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Very rarely, I have a bug when closing a modal dialog box.
>
> What is the 100% correct way of closing a modal dialog box,
> programmatically, from within the dialog code itself?

To close the dialog, the ID_ACCEPT or ID_CANCEL message is
used, which (1) breaks out of the modal loop and (2) hides the
window.

Implied herein is that you've started the modal loop via the
dialog's execute() function [or with runModalFor()].

The modal event loop is a re-incarnation of the event loop which
won't return to the caller until the stopModal() function is
invoked.

Note that the window argument in runModalFor() and stopModal()
must match up; perhaps that is the problem?

At any rate, a modal loop is required.

Hope this helps,

			- Jeroen