[fxruby-users] FreeRIDE - Way too many warnings

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Sat Jan 20 16:38:35 EST 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 3:28 PM, Jonathan Allen wrote:

> Whenever I start FreeRIDE I get a ton of warnings. It takes a long
> time
> to start as well, probably because it is I/O bound to the console
> window.

This bug was introduced in Ruby 1.8.5 and it's unclear whether it
will be fixed. I added a workaround for this Ruby bug in FXRuby
1.6.4. FXRuby 1.2 is two generations "old" and is no longer being
maintained by me.

One option is to just ignore the warnings. Another is to downgrade to
Ruby 1.8.4, which did not have this problem. Yet another is to
convince the FreeRIDE project to update FreeRIDE for compatibility
with FXRuby 1.6.