[fxruby-users] "This FXTextField * already released" error..

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Fri Jan 19 19:25:42 EST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 7:56 AM, Philippe Lang wrote:

> I have a strange bug that comes up now and then, and for which I
> cannot
> find code that reproduces it, unfortunately. It happens once, the
> application crashes, I do exactly the same, and this time it works.
>
> The message is: "This FXTextField * already release".
>
> Does anyone have an idea where it could come from?

That message indicates that the underlying C++ object (in this case,
an FXTextField) that a Ruby object is pointing to has already been
deleted (freed). It's not something that you should see under normal
circumstances, and it may indicate a bug in FXRuby's GC code
(especially since you report that the behavior is inconsistent).

If it's something you'd like for me to take a look at, please send me
the code off-line.

Thanks,

Lyle