[fxruby-users] FLTK2 (was: QtRuby)

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Fri Jan 19 11:10:46 EST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 12:35 AM, gga wrote:

> I went back to fltk recently just because of that, because I needed to
> code an image viewer for 3d applications and as such it just had to
> boot
> almost immediately.  I was gladly surprised to find that fltk2 is now
> finally usable.

Since I haven't seen the source code for your FLTK2 bindings, I can't
say for sure why there would be such a significant size difference
between it and FXRuby. I am a little curious about how you're
handling things like overriding virtual function calls in Ruby, as
well as garbage collection related issues. I know that the code
required to support those things takes up a significant part of the
FXRuby code base.

Please do make an announcement when you get ready to release your code.