[fxruby-users] Problem using foxGUIb

Alan Lake alan.lake at lakeinfoworks.com
Tue Feb 20 12:24:10 EST 2007

Have you installed the Fox Gui  itself?  Yes
Are you able to run any of the examples in the examples directory of the fox gem? I just tried hello.rb, figuring that if that wouldn't run, then nothing else would.

/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.6/examples/hello.rb:3:in
`require': no such file to load -- fox16 (LoadError)
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.6/examples/hello.rb:3
However, I have
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.6/lib/fox16
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.6/ext/fox16

I also have a syntax problem with my .bash_profile export of RUBYOPT.  I
wish to set both "w" and "rubygems".  I seem to be able to set either,
but not both.  Can you give me the correct syntax, please?