[fxruby-users] Installation problem

Alan Lake alan.lake at lakeinfoworks.com
Mon Feb 12 16:21:29 EST 2007

The list that this is posted to is fxruby-users at rubyforge.org.  I don't
see any other list that I might post this on.  I didn't realize that
fxruby was a required install in addition to libGUIb and foxGUIb.  So I
thank you.  I still have a problem, though, in that it didn't install
correctly, and I can't tell why.  I did the following:

[root at erie ~]# gem update fxruby --include-dependencies
Updating installed gems...
Need to update 1 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org
Attempting remote update of fxruby
Select which gem to install for your platform (x86_64-linux)
 1. fxruby 1.6.6 (ruby)
 > 1
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.6 for inspection.

Results logged to
When I did
[root at erie ~]# find / -name mkmf.log
No result was returned.  gem_make.out is empty.  The gem files are
present.  Can you suggest what I can do now?  (I'm using the x64 version
of Fedora Core 6, if that helps.)