[fxruby-users] FXRuby1.6.5 ?

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Mon Feb 5 21:10:53 EST 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 3:35 PM, Aleksey wrote:

> I have a couple of questions about FXRuby. (Ruby1.8.5, windowsXP)
> 1. Problem with kwargs (new in 1.6.5): I gave scribble.rb,
> added 'require 'fox16/kwargs' and changed 'super' in 'initialize' to
> 'super(app, "Scribble Application",:width=>800,:height=>600)' .
> result - segfault

Thanks. I have filed a bug report on your behalf.

> 2. How can I speak FXRuby about enother file encoding ('cp1251')?
> I can not find any FX...Codec as in Fox. And FXTranslator has now
> aliases to
> 'setTextCodec' and 'getTextCodec' (as in doc: textCodec=, textCodec).
> When I use UTF-8 - all ok(for example, menu text on russian is OK
> in FXRuby)
> But can I do this with 8-bits-encoding?

I think you are asking how to convert data from some codec (like
CP1251) to UTF-8? I would use the ruby-iconv library for this, I think.

> 3. How can I print with GDI windows-printer from FXCanvas? (When I
> used Tcl/Tk ,
> I found packages 'GDI' and 'Printer' for it, because Postscript-
> printing on GDI-printers
> very-very bad)

I don't know.

> 4. I'v attached ZIP with slightly improved examples 'scribble.rb'
> and 'bounce.rb'
> (I'v added small improvements to make it more professional)

OK, I will take a look at these.

P.S. Please don't send support requests to me personally, that's what
the mailing list is for.