[fxruby-users] fxruby and framecontrole

Meinrad Recheis meinrad.recheis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 04:08:45 EST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 10:12 PM, Ernst J. Tanaka <ernst at tanakasite.com> wrote:

[...]

> I tried righttopframe.destroy but that that does not seems to do the
> work. Since after a destroy "if righttopframe" still gives value true.

Sure! The object residing in the variable righttopframe is still there. By
calling destroy you tell FOX to release WindowManager-resources etc. but not
to destroy the object at hand. This is not possible in Ruby, it is done by
the garbage collector automatically.

As Lyle pointed out earlier, righttopframe.parent.RemoveChild(righttopframe)
is the correct way to do what you attempted to do, even if there are better
ways to update content in a UI. After that, if you explicitly set the
variable righttopframe = nil then your if statement above also works.

hth,
-- henon