[fxruby-users] FXComboTableItem bug

Thomas, Jason M (Software) jmthomas at ball.com
Fri Aug 24 11:45:32 EDT 2007

I think there is a bug in FXComboTableItem when using it with FXTable. I
was getting a Seg Fault before making the following change:

class FXComboTableItem < FXTableItem
  # Create input control for editing this item
  def getControlFor(table)
    combo = FXComboBox.new(table, 1, nil, 0, COMBOBOX_STATIC, 0, 0, 0,
                            table.marginLeft, table.marginRight,
                            table.marginTop, table.marginBottom)
    combo.justify = justify
    combo.font = table.font
    combo.backColor = table.backColor
    combo.textColor = table.textColor
    combo.selBackColor = table.selBackColor
    combo.selTextColor = table.selTextColor
    selections.each do |selection|
    combo.numVisible = [20, combo.numItems].min

The original code used combo.fillItems(selections) instead of
combo.appendItem so I think that's where the problem is.