[fxruby-users] uneditable FXTable cell

Thomas, Jason M (Software) jmthomas at ball.com
Mon Aug 20 10:42:28 EDT 2007

I'd like to be able to set an individual FXTable cell to uneditable. I
tried using disableItem() but this didn't seem to have any affect on
whether you could select or change things.
- Jason

You're right; this looks like a bug in FOX. FOX doesn't respond to
keypress events or single mouse button clicks on disabled table cells,
but it does allow you to (among other things) double-click in a disabled
cell and edit its contents. I am Cc'ing Jeroen on this to see if this
can be fixed in FOX 1.6. Don't know if he has fixed this in FOX 1.7 yet.
- Lyle

Actually it looks like it is responding to keypress events and double
clicks. Ideally what I'd like is to be able to prevent all user input on
a disabled (not editable) cell.
- Jason

Yep, the default stipple color for FXTable is red (not sure why that was
the choice). How does it look for you if you use the STIPPLE_GRAY
pattern and set the table's stipple color to, say, black?

table.stippleColor = "black"
table.getItem(3, 4).stipple = STIPPLE_GRAY
- Lyle

This worked, thanks. However, stipple isn't the nicest looking thing to
apply to a table cell. It makes the text barely readable. What I was
really looking for is a way to change the background color to gray
similar to the table row and column headers. It didn't look like there
was an option to set an individual cell a particular background color.
- Jason