[fxruby-users] uneditable FXTable cell

Thomas, Jason M (Software) jmthomas at ball.com
Fri Aug 17 16:12:49 EDT 2007

I'd like to be able to set an individual FXTable cell to uneditable. I
tried using disableItem() but this didn't seem to have any affect on
whether you could select or change things. I've also tried various
things like registering handlers for SEL_COMMAND, SEL_CHANGED, and
SEL_SELECTED but that was getting annoying and it still doesn't account
for someone just pressing a key and changing a value. I saw I could also
handle SEL_KEYPRESS but since that returns a FXEvent rather than a
FXTablePos it looked like it was going to be a lot of work to figure out
where I was in the table when the keypress occurred.
I'd also like to know if there is any way to set the background of my
uneditable cell gray. I saw the stipple variable which I set but FXTable
renders the stipple color as bright red. That is the opposite of the
grey color I'd like to make it to indicate my value is uneditable.