[fxruby-users] FXSplitter width is 1 until created

Joel VanderWerf vjoel at path.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 26 19:00:25 EDT 2007

Why is the width of an FXSplitter equal to 1 before the
FXSplitter#create method is called?

My splitter is configured to have LAYOUT_FILL_X, so wouldn't its width
be determined before its children were created?

It's not really a big deal, but I was configuring the split based on a
preferences file during initialize, and couldn't make it work properly.
Doing it in #create is an acceptable workaround.

This isn't a problem with FX4Splitter. The splitting is implemented
differently (and the split values have different meaning). Somehow, both
hSplit and vSplit are available before create.