[fxruby-users] FXProgressBar messages?

Shalon Wood dstar at pele.cx
Sun Apr 22 12:41:14 EDT 2007

Jeroen van der Zijp <jeroen at fox-toolkit.org> writes:

> On Saturday 21 April 2007 23:01, Shalon Wood wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to subclass FXProgressBar and pervert it into a slider
>> (anyone who remembers the original Master of Orion game will
>> understand what I'm doing). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to send
>> SEL_LEFTBUTTONPRESS or SEL_LEFTBUTTONRELEASE messages, despite being
>> derived from FXWindow via FXFrame. Am I mistaken in thinking that it
>> should send those messages? I assumed that that sort of behaviour
>> would be inherited...
>
> Enable the widget so that it'll pass mouse messages on to its target!

Aha! Thanks! I'm just learning to use the toolkit, so I'd missed that I
needed to do that.

Another question: I want to make a sidebar with its own layout. I
thought FXFrame would be the right thing to use, but I can't give it a
FXPacker layout because it's not a FXComposite. What am I missing?

Shalon Wood