[fxruby-users] test if a window has been destroyed

Meinrad Recheis meinrad.recheis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:14:07 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Joel VanderWerf <vjoel at path.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Meinrad Recheis wrote:
> > AFAIK there is the shown? method
>
> If the window has been destroyed, #shown? has the same effect as
> #created? -- it dies with "This FXId * already released".

jeah, and interestingly a widget comes back to life when you call create
again. i found out that calling destroy on widgets does not remove them from
the widget tree and they come back to live after calling create on their
parent. but this is another story.

Lyle, I also think that such a state that can be queried with a method like
destroyed? would be very good to have. i had to work around this shortcoming
in fxruby for several times. Is it technically possible?

regards,
-- henon