[fxruby-users] FXRuby docs

Joel VanderWerf vjoel at path.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 11 14:45:20 EDT 2007

Lyle,

I've noticed a few small problems when the FXRuby docs are built by ruby
gems, rather than by hand.

One problem is that the "Parent:" field is not correct. For example, the
parent of FXPopup is listed as Object.

Also, the "In:" field has some extraneous stuff:

   lib/fox16/aliases.rb
   lib/fox16/kwargs.rb
   rdoc-sources/FXPopup.rb

These problems do not happen when I run rdoc in the rdoc-sources dir.

I guess it is because rubygems runs rdoc on all .rb files, so it picks
up things like aliases.rb, which opens classes but does not declare
parentage.

Is there any way to tell rubygems to invoke rdoc like this:

   cd rdoc-sources; rdoc

or

  rdoc rdoc-sources

or maybe even

  rdoc --exclude 'lib/fox16/*'

(but I didn't try the last one) ?

Are there files in lib/fox16 that would need to be included explicitly?

Otherwise, the docs are great. Your work to build up the rdoc-sources
seems to have paid off. I don't seem to need to keep the Fox docs open
in a browser any more. In fact, the RDoc-generated html is easier to
read and navigate than the Doxygen Fox stuff.